Friday, 27 June 2008

Another review..

This time a movie review. Quite late to be posting this, but here goes.

And beware the major spoilers, if there are any. I will be tagging them as spoilers if it needs be.

So Kung Fu Panda was a good one for laughs, albeit with not-so-original plotline, including being an accidental hero. The jokes were already much used, but I still love them jokes. Made me laugh multiple times. I remember walking out the building with laughs, and no regrets of watching the movie. Definite watch unless you do not have about 1-2 hours to watch this. (if you haven't already)

The Incredible Hulk was pretty hyped, and I'd say it almost lives up to the hype, but falls short. Just short. The chasing/escaping scenes were very nicely done, I'd say, since I know what's going on and the camera doesn't lose focus. So it's bonus points for the film, cause I like that. And then there's the matter with romantics. (SPOILERS AHEAD IN BLANK SPACE)

watching the hulk and his (or its >.>) girl really, really feels like watching King Kong and its equivalent. So yeah, that's pretty much it for me. Also, long story short, it feels like Hulk vs another Hulk . Pretty obvious by the middle of the movie I'd say..


7/10 that. Kept me fixed at the movie instead of doing something else.

One Missed Call was badly done as a horror. Really badly done. I'd have expected quite a few scares, but the only surprise I got was the first scene of the movie right after the opening credits. Fucking brilliant storyline though. It was creative enough, the way the curse spreads. I could not have thought of those things. Brilliant ideas. But if that was a Japanese movie remake, then Hollywood sucks shit. Made Japanese horrors bad. Worse than their Japanese counterparts. I mean, look at the Ring, or the Grudge, or.. never mind what I'm saying. I only watched this for how the plot would turn out. Nothing much mind-scarring here.

Get Smart was actually pretty good. I thought it would go under the shadows of Johnny English, but then again, they do not have much in common. The common traits are: being silly, being paired with female agents, and having loyal assistants. Get Smart includes some internet jokes (Chuck Norris for one. I mean, I was like "fucking lol, Chuck Norris is in this."), as well as some other jokes, which might not get to the immediate audience. The point is, this movie is a comedy movie, and comedies are supposed to make you laugh. This does the job. Bonus points for some witty jokes in it. I'd rewatch it again if I have the chance.

So there's my 20 minutes gone into this. Now is 12:21, and I don't know why I'm typing this down this late. Especially since I've said I'd be gone to sleep on like 11:45.

...

Who the fuck am I kidding, I'm going to sleep.



----------------
Now playing on iTunes: The White Stripes - Fell in Love With a Girl
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment