The library was again, very large. It's well-built, and the interior was certainly not bad either. It's actually a pretty good place to go read something, or maybe just to find that certain book.
Next up, the cafeteria (which also doubles as the club activities building, apparently). As I walked up the clubs to look at what's available, I saw an anime club (Yes, I had to mention it.). Shelves full of manga, and a few guys playing PS2. I would say they were playing.. some VN or something. It was a beach scene with a loli rofl. Anyway, there are also some interesting clubs. I think there was one for music appreciation or something, one for bicycling, one for aviation, and so on.
After that, apparently, I then found out that in every university, they have a lake to signify.. something. Well point is they have a lake.
.. That was a pretty trivial fact, but let's move on now shall we. *checks earlier post*
Oh. Okay, that other maid cafe. It was better than the first one (comparing a one-level-floored cafe with 2?), and certainly the food looks more appetizing than the first one. I had really, really average food in the first one (which is called Fatimaid). Well, it's kinda confusing anyway. This guy had Fatimaid as: this. I saw Fatimaid as this:

Please open the image and magnify that thing so you can see where it actually is. Or, to see clearly, off a Japanese blog:

I'm confused. Well, that might be because the author visited it while it was still good or something and still hasn't moved. My experience tells me that that particular cafe was very average. Factoring in the cost and the amount of manga available, bad. Or, like, you know, maybe it's just a personal preference.
That other cafe I was talking about was Cafe Cosic, located in Ximen Ding. Apparently, another google search that I just did reveals that it was actually in another location in Taipei. This was how it looked like. Looks awesome, right?
What I saw was this:
Yeah, quite different. Apparently, they moved in July or something. No luck in google for finding pictures of the interior. The place was actually right beside Animate, a Japanese magazine/book shop.
Also, I've just realized from the google search just now.
There's also this in Ximen Ding. Here's another recount of Moe2 Center. It's in English.
No, I didn't go in. Too conscious about what people who I've never met and will probably never see again will think of me.
LOOKS LIKE I DO HAVE SOME BALLS TO BE ABLE TO ENTER MAID CAFES. BWAHAHAHAHA~
okay that was not a good thing to be proud of. I don't know why I was able to go inside anyway. Might be because of the feeling I get that I would probably regret it if I didn't go. So I swallowed my pride, and off I go. It would be certainly FUCKING AWESOME to be able to go with a friend or two, though, but NO ONE JOINED ME. Idiots, the lot of youse. In any case, I was glad I manned the fuck up for the occasion. :D
Well, anyway, I'll be sure to visit that when I go to Taipei next time. Sigh, I even recognize the place.
Yes, I've actually saw this same exact sign.

The place below was a game center though, so I thought "Oh, it's a game center." It's a really improbable name for a game center, but it being Taiwan, I relented. If only I realized when I saw the characters for SECOND FLOOR.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- DAMNIT.
Oh well, let's save that for next time. At least I don't have a lot of regrets while in Taipei. Not a lot, but yeah, there still are some regrets. Whatevers.
If you're curious, here's my hotel in Taipei.
To the left of that hotel is immediately a part of Ximen Ding. To the right of the hotel there's a Mos Burger. Awesome.
So who's up traveling with me when I go to Taiwan again? I mean, you know, if you insist, I'll stay away from maid cafes and the lot, since there are a lot of other fun places. It's just that I didn't focus on them in my 2 days there, else you'd get a blog post of the shopping malls near Taipei 101.
.. Which will probably garner more attention and get more people to go with me.
....






Hey, I did end up going into the maid cafe! Look:
ReplyDeletehttp://are-are.net/2008/01/08/rest-of-taiwan/
You should have used the subway system. It is really nice. Also, Moe Moe Center is not that great aside from getting manga/doujin/artbooks. If you wanted anime trinkets there are toyshops (ie Indian Toys) scattered throughout Taipei.
Ah, sorry on that. It's a bit late (since I'm quite a dumbass to not notice comments coming in like every single damn time), but I'll reply anyway, with the perchance that you might read this lol.
ReplyDeleteI should've caught on to the next post. I'll probably be going back to Taiwan around next year or so, I'll probably check with you. I'm wondering whether the figs there are genuine or not. My guess is it's not, since I've bought a fig on there which didn't have the base in it, which is quite suspicious.
I'll probably try and get in touch if you (if there's a way to do it anyway) and ask which shops are good.
Oh, I did use the subway system. It beats the Singapore's subway system. I just used a taxi because I can't read characters that nicely, so I'm afraid I'll get lost in the middle of nowhere lol.
Animate is the better place to get manga imo, but doujinshi/artbooks are better off in the Underground mall I guess.