Well.
Oh, I remember now. But I fear I may not have the time required to successfully pour down all my thoughts. For now, bear with me.
You know that website I gave out links to, alljapaneseallthetime.com?
Yeah, it's pretty much an adaptation from a bunch of Polish guys' site on learning English: Antimoon.
I haven't really read through Antimoon, but from what I understand they are similar in content to alljapaneseallthetime.
That said, my point is that I was surprised when I finally realized it. The characteristics of the guy who made antimoon was similar in regards of situation. I used to watch a lot of English programmes, read a lot of English books, and English music (come on, who doesn't like English music again?), and before I knew it happening, I was fluent. Dead on fluent. Well, I may have difficulties here and there, but Khatzumoto (the guy who runs alljapaneseallthetime) said speaking comes later as what we need to do first and foremost is input. In other words, we need to be stuffing down English/Japanese music, shows, whatever into our brains like 24/7. Of course, I'm a lazy bastard, so I don't do 24/7. But considering how many years it took me to master English (and unconsciously, too.), that means as long as I keep stuffing all these Japanese stuff into me, I'll probably be fluent in 3 years or so. However, I was helped in that English was also the language of teaching in school, and instead of grammar drills the teacher had us write a bunch of things. So, that may take longer lol.
Another funny thing is that I know when the grammar is wrong, but have no idea what the grammar terms are. This also falls in line with what both of them said. The Polish guy said that when he was given grammar drills he found it easy enough. Khatzumoto said that he didn't know whatever terms of grammar there are in Japanese.
Yeah. So as a coincidental result of the Antimoon method of learning, I can safely say IT WORKS!
That thought occurred to me yesterday, when a bunch of people from my speech class went ahead and asked me where I'm from, and subsequently how many years have you been in the US, and subsequently why is my English so good.
There's your answer.
Exposure to English. Now I'll need to do the same with Japanese.
I'll have to stop now, bus coming in ~5 minutes.
PS. look for The Pillows. They are like alternative 90s music, and awesome, too.


Aaah, gw setuju banget ne... satu alasan kenapa english gw diatas temen-temen gw tuh ya gara2 kayak yang lu bilang, english exposure.
ReplyDeleteKalo Jepang... hmm. Gw sering nonton anime (sub) sama ngedengerin lagu-lagu Jepang tapi kayaknya blum cukup, ugh.
:D
ReplyDeletetapi kalo lu mo bljr jepang, setau gw musti nonton raw
gw sendiri jg blom kuat nonton raw rasanya, masih langlinglung banget abis 10 menit udah bosen, makanya gw masih stick with subs.
lagipula lu mo belajarin jepang tuh exposure juga, ngga bisa secepet yg diinginkan (misalnya: 6 bulan ;_;)
gay maaan gw ngga punya waktu selama itu! ;_;
ReplyDeletelu pikir gw jg ada ;____;
ReplyDeletewell kalo dengerin musik sih ga masalah, tapi dalam 1 minggu ini gw blom progress sama sekali lol