Monday, 21 December 2009

Trying new stuff

I recently finished Remembering the Kanji. The time I finished was 17 December, 2009. It was almost 3 months from the date I started, which was about 22 September, 2009.

I am now slowly going through the grammar and everything on Tae Kim's blog: www.guidetojapanese.org

Now, once that's done, it's time for me to actually learn some real vocabulary.

Until now, I have considered my starting date of learning Japanese as around May 2009, but it was some half-assed effort with some half-assed will. I had a real basic (REALLY BASIC) premise of Japanese but I pretty much overestimated myself because I have learned a bit of Chinese and I'm not a baka western gaijin. But that time has passed.

I would now probably consider the time I started learning Japanese as the time I set out on my journey with Remembering the Kanji, which is from late September.

Let's see, what else is going on in my life..

Oh yes. My fucked up sleep schedule. I now sleep around 3am or more. HOWEVER, I WILL TRY TO PUT A STOP TO THAT. How?

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/05/how-to-become-an-early-riser/

Basically, I'll try to wake up at 6am every single morning. At least, that's what I'm aspiring to do. First step is probably tire myself out until tomorrow so I can make some headway on sleeping until 6am. That website's full of great advices, and excellent stuff all around. I'll read more of them tomorrow.

In any case, well, for now, I guess I'll bide some time until this evening. Somehow. I'm starting to feel like I'm wasting my college life.

What actually partially relieves me is just that part of that time wasted is for learning Japanese, so I guess it's a bit of a trade-off.

I forgot something else I wanted to blog about.

I'll just leave these in for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment