Friday, 21 November 2008

Well..

Things are officially fucked. Thanks to the rising dollar (13.3k as of today!) Me mam and me dad are worried. Now my mam's considering me to stay on at school for another 6 months, taking the AS and A2 in the process. Simultaneously.

That would be a nightmarish situation, no? It is, because they say it's the "worst-case scenario". However looking at the economic downturn nowadays, I can't be arsed to say it's not going to happen. The thoughts of staying here made me felt kind of down. Indeed. I got the news at about twelve.

Let's continue. I then may or may not enroll at UI international faculty. Universitas Indonesia. Yes.

Things are getting depressing.

Fuck you sub-prime lenders. So full of greed. That's what primarily caused this recession.. globally. Sub-prime lenders can go fuck themselves.


EDIT: Just had like. Half hour's worth of talk. Parents outlined what choices I do have.

1. Seattle. 2 years - guaranteed 2 years.
2. Finish A levels (with the aforementioned stipulations) and uni somewhere.

I was dying for the talk to be freaking over. Lots of stories about how ppl get out of uni overseas and do shit all back home. That is, either a) don't want to work [spoiled bastards] or b) work is not worth the education received.

Aussie? Not so much a chance. Finishing foundation means: 1. Uni in Aussie. 2. Nothing much else.

Whereas in Seattle if I do finish 2 years' worth of college I'd have an associate degree, and I can start university from the third year on.

Also a mention: dad said he'd prob buy me a car if I stay here.

Oh, also, after Seattle, we're going to analyse the economy. If it's really bad, goodbye US. Probably with a bit of hello China too. I don't mind universities at China though.

God please guide me.

2 comments:

  1. Difficult choice, isn't it? Carefully think about your future, that's all I can say.

    I might be lucky to have finished my S2 this year....

    And free, why don't you try to go to Indonesia University? If you can't go overseas, Indonesia Univs are good enough, IMHO.

    Last word,

    **** YOU US DOLLARS!...

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I know this will affect my future as well.

    Well, I didn't take UAN, so obviously, the only Indonesian unis I can get in would probably be UPH or SGU or Binus, that is, after I finish Seattle as well.

    ReplyDelete