Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Summer 09.

So the season has been ongoing so far, and I haven't made any significant anime-related blog post in a while. Must be my sanity coming back huh.

So.. in order of awesomeness:

1. Bakemonogatari 「化物語」

Best show of the season. Click here for linkage (or information). Mostly dialogue-driven, it isn't so bad as haters make it to be. Even those who hate Senjougahara can still stand the show. At least, that's the impression I get. That said, the interactions between Senjougahara and Araragi are not one to be missed. They drive the show, and Senjougahara is fucking awesome. Think she's high up there currently. Rating so far: 10/10 don't fuck it up SHAFT.

2. Spice and Wolf 「狼と香辛料」

Second season, but I don't know how they manage to have a clear reasonable plot from the beginning, with some EXTRA STORY TWISTS!



Horo is still loev. That new guy needs to die in a fire and has his ashes fed to lions or something. At least we get to see a plot this early in the show, and PLOT TWEESTS, as compared to the first season. Also glad to see Lawrence manning up for his own fault. MANconomics at work. Can't wait for the next episode tomorrow. Rating: 9/10. Click here for linkage.

3. Needless



Truth be told, at first, I wasn't even planning to follow this show. I just watched it simply because the show I volunteered to edit was this. PLEASANT SURPRISE. Some action, but even corny scenes in the show ARE FUNNY. The timing for those corny situations and the lot are just right, and I find myself laughing even if I was watching without subs. The fact that I laughed while I edited the script definitely reinforces that. The action is worth watching, too. Also a lolicon father rofl.

It also has an interesting setting, and Eve lol. Eve and Adam are awesome. WAIT WHAT I JUST REALIZED ADAM. EVE. ADAM AND EVE. ....... Right. Never mind me, it was a mixture of being dumb and a stroke of realization of something I didn't notice before. Move along.

Click here for linkage.

Rating: 9/10. Same level as Spice and Wolf imo.

4. Sora no Manimani 「宙のまにまに」
Alternate title: Chuu no Manimani


I just watched all 4 episodes currently out just now. I must say, this is another pleasant surprise. Originally downloaded since I saw a mention of this being one of the more overlooked anime this season. Watched the first a few days ago and liked it. Continued today and liked it even more. Good slice-of-life anime. Miho looks like she's a mixture of Yui and Ritsu lol. She's like half airhead half genki. It's fun to watch, surprisingly.

I was originally rooting for Hime though, but I guess Miho is fine too.

Click here for linkage.

5. CANAAN


Ohey why is Arcueid tanned and branding guns? Because she's not Arcueid. Here we have another Type-Moon phenomena: REBRANDING CHARACTERS.

"So what do we need in this next thing we have?"
"Well let's take Arcueid, tan her, and give her even more special non-vampiric abilities!"

... Not really, but it's a common phenomenon. Sacchin in Tsukihime and Rin in F/SN has similar character design. And others.

Anyway, not much to say except it'll be filled with a bit of action and DRUMMAH. Not necessarily the good kind of drama. Me? I'm still enjoying it. There are some out there who are pissed with Maria. I didn't really notice until the last ep where I'm slightly annoyed, but not annoyed enough to actually drop this show.

It hints on yuri, too. Canaan and Maria. If you ask me, I don't really mind. Some awesome minor characters come into play: TAXI DRIVER! Fucking manly taxi driver. Plot's also kind of decent, at least I'm looking forward to what'll be happening next instead of predicting it like an asshole that I am. Rating: 8/10.

Click here
for linkage.

Also, I still have some ongoing anime from Spring.

- Saki (haven't watched since episode 6 or 8. Late by 10 eps. Damn.)
- FMA: Brotherhood (haven't watched around 5-6 episodes)
- Hayate no Gotoku (loyally following)
- Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (dropped after 2 eps of Endless Eight. It's shit now until it goes back to the usual show.)

I'm planning to watch Gejiutsuka Art Design Class. Another slice of life. Protagonist is an art student or something. If I like GA Design Class, I'll probably get Hidamari Sketch to go along with it lol.

Anyway, this wraps this long post. It's been a while since I've had this long a post. 久しぶり、ね。

PS. Blogger is a shit with <> tags. Assholes. This might make my transition to wordpress much faster. I lost a whole paragraph in the Spice and wolf section.

PPS. fuck this, I'll change to wordpress when I get an urge to do so. Fucking blogger. This happened twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment