Wednesday, 14 January 2009

missed.

I'm currently pretty bored, and since some photos haven't been uploaded yet (a friend has it), so let's just.. do stuff. Let's write a story!

---------------------------------------------------------
The day was very much on. I got the laptop into the bag, delicately putting it so that I won't damage it. I gave the bag a small pat as I smiled in satisfaction of succesfully having the laptop in safely. I turned and got some socks on. I brought everything I needed, and closed the door. I hurriedly put the shoes on. The door creaked open, and a rush of cold wind flew by.

The sky wasn't very cheerful. The lack of sun up on the sky didn't help. It was dark, as the clouds overshadowed the sun, and left us with these silhouettes in the darkness. Thick, needly-leafed pines were swinging to and fro. The wind was so cold. The air was unforgiving. It was a bad day to go out. However bad it is, I need to go. I must reach that destination.

It was not far, to be honest. Probably a minute's walk. Just outside, cars were already up and about on the streets in this night-like morning. Their headlights turned on, flashing the region in front of them as to avoid any fatal mistakes. I walked through the wide driveway after closing the white painted door behind. Indeed it was cold. My body gave a chill and a few shivers, indicating how I should not head out. That did not stop me. I quietly strolled up to the end of the driveway, looked for opening between the moving cars, and quickly made my way to the opposite side of the road.

From here on, it was very straight. Despite the lack of warmth, I hurried along the road. Running awkwardly with the heavy backpack. The white concrete roads I stepped on was covered with small dark stains - it was raining lightly. Some drops had hit my eye, making it hard to look what was in front of me. I pulled the hoodie out and covered my face from the slightly excruciating rain.

There. In front of me. There was only one small crossing left to be made. I could see it on the road, just a close distance nearby to my destination. An old lady was sitting near the post. I thought she was waiting for the same thing, and I slowed down to a walk.

As the bus came, the old lady waved her hand to indicate "No, I do not want to go by this bus." The bus strolled through the road, as if forgetting there was another human nearby the bus stop who was looking in amazement.

I was dumb-founded. I stared as the bus made its way slowly through the road. It was just a metre before I got to the bus stop.

I shook my head in disbelief. What the fuck just happened.

The old lady continued to smoke her cigarette calmly. She produced a puff of smoke-ring. I turned my back and started going the way I came from.

I waited for another opening between the crowding cars, and walked to the driveway. The cold wind blew again, indicating its distaste at me. I shrugged off the wind. I opened the white-painted wooden door again, and pulled out my shoes.

I then opened the wooden door that led to my room. I put my backpack down on the small and messy bed, and slowly pulled out the golden-coloured laptop. I was frustrated.

What the fuck. I know you're not going on that bus, but don't wave it away as if nobody else is around.

The heater turned off, and again I was swarmed by a cold rush of wind from outside, even though the door was closed. I pulled my jacket around, and feeling the warmth, started to wait. I slowly made my way to the bed, and opened the laptop. A bad way to start the cold morning.
---------------------------------------------------------


That's how my (early) morning went. Yeah. A few grammar mistakes here and there, surely (if there isn't I'd be relatively happy), and a few finishing touches here and there. Note that some descriptions was typed down with a bit of freedom and creativity. So that's how my morning went. The afternoon got a bit sick (lol pun) with my having a really bad headache that I had to sleep on three hours. Tonight's a bit better. Thank Lord I don't have a homework due tomorrow. I do need to get to class early tomorrow though for my communications class. Important stuff tomorrow.

I've also just noticed tomorrow's Thursday. Why is it that time goes faster than the first week now? Also, I have a long weekend ahead. I've got Monday off. The day before Obama gets to the White House.

So how's your day went?

----------------
Now playing: Sigur Rós - Svefn-g-englar
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment