Saturday, 17 May 2008

Mien firefox extensions

So I've acted up all clever and witty by using German, even though it's wrong in every sense. So. I'm bored and I've decided to bring up all my add-ons. Most, not all.

Here's the screencap of my add-ons.









Banyak banget yah? wkwkwkwk..

Most are self-explanatory, but I'll just elaborate on some.

Adblock is a damn good extension. I've seen no google ads, no pop-ups, no nothing. A must-have along with NoScript, which blocks flash scripts, which effectively blocks annoying ads, as well as FlashBlock.

DownThemAll is a built-in download manager/accelerator inside Firefox. Good stuff that, could download faster than if I use the normal download manager.

Fasterfox makes your browser load things up faster. Sure, it causes some strain/traffic to the server, but I'm a selfish idiot.

I've no idea what DOM Inspector is for. It comes with Firefox.

Foxmarks is pretty neat. If you use more than one machine regularly and add bookmarks to both, you could merge them. I'm doing it. ;D

Foxytunes is a must have. It controls your music from your browser, plus, you can sign off with what I'll do at bottom of this post. Must-have if you like to browse while listening to music.

Moving on, you could see I browse GameFAQs forums daily, since I've got the GameFOX extension.It's not the FAQs I'm looking for, rather the community.

Linkification is an essential extension for me. I hate copying a text URL, and then either dragging it or pasting it to the address bar. Screw that, linkification ftw.

Megauploader is there since sometimes I download from Megaupload. Not the other, since I've never gone there plus, I'm afraid that adwares or spywares or viruses and trojans will get me if I go there. Not taking the risk.

Mouse Gestures is cool. For forward and back I now no longer need to press the buttons on the uppermost left part of the window. I just drag using right click and move to the right or the left. It's so easy to use that much that I now have the habit of doing it, even though I'm on Windows Explorer. Which might turn out silly.

PicLens.. is a really neat extension. I'll try to get a screencap. Wait..




So it's in 3D. This is what I get (voluntarily, it's not like I can't turn this off) when I search in Google for "Dover", known for the white cliffs of Dover. For more info, this will help.

qtl is a really useful extension. If you've got a word you've no idea, just highlight that word and wait. And then voila, you've got a small window telling you what it is, in English or even in other languages.




ScribeFire, I've already mentioned that.

Tab Effect is going to give you a "swoosh" effect when you change your tab. Try searching it in the mozilla add-ons list.

Tab Mix Plus - a must have. Again, there are lots of features in it, so I can't really know them all. Look it up in the same site.

Talkback comes with Firefox.

TinyUrl Creator is originated from here. It's a good way of keeping secret a site, or a screamer, or a prank, as well as shortening URL addresses, though I much prefer the first 3 uses.

Yep, so that's all in my laptop right now. I'm going to install the 4chan extension in a front while so yeah.

It's a LOOOOOOOOOONG wall of text, so I'm going to leave it at that, and not talk about the maths paper 4 I'm going to face tomorrow.

Alright, that is all.

Self-reminder: I'm going to talk about last.fm next time. For those who like to play music.

***EDIT***

Oh hey. I'm just going to go over it again.







Heh.













----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Audioslave - Cochise
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment