So this is the school's orchestra, the Seraphim (for the record, I despise the name. Absolutely atrocious. Absolutely corny and overused.) No pictures, too, because I don't have anything in connection with the school's orchestra.
Except that you play for the orchestra, you twit.
I know, but that's beside the point.
Shut up or I'll expose your lies and slander.
...
Anyways. Our repertoire for the night included about 5 to 6 songs. I'm a forgetful bastard at times.
First up was.. A Way Small Wish, the title said. Although Ken said it was Very Small Wish or something, out of Kingdom Hearts, not Final Fantasy.
A small side rant before I go ahead; what the hell is on about FF7 love? FF9 was way better then FF7. I know it's only my opinion, so **** off, I'm not gonna be drawn into a debate out of it. >___>
And then we played Canon In D Minor. Original arrangement by Johann Pachelbel. Holy **** I barely survived the song. I was having trouble during the first part where the violin came out playing the famous part. Going to the later part, it was as if I arrived in the ER (emergency room) in a coma. Holy ****.
Thankfully that's over with. So I went ahead and watched the rest of the show from the back of the assembly hall, where we played the show.
Now, the last was the tricky one. 4 songs, if I'm not wrong. Aerith's Theme (this, being a FF7 song, have no complaints for me as it is one of the songs i fondly remember of), Doraemon (piece of cake), then a medley of My Heart/Terra's Theme/Vivaldi's Spring.
Then Bolero. The song almost all the orchestra dreaded. I found it 'WTF"worthy when I first got the sheet. But the few days leading to the performance I've gotten pretty well off if I might say so myself. Tapi hahaha ancurnya stgh mati itu performance. Most of first violin just ended up acting. I laughed at that after the show, after si Albet bilang di kanan kek faking2 hahahahahah..
Nah, during the performance of bolero ini tu, kan string maen pizzicato (picking the strings/plucking the strings), so tangannya musti diem. And long medley was looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong, jadi tu tangan da kek mo mokad. Just before about 5-10 bars before the violins come in tangan gua dah kek mau diamputasi begitu. Pegelnyaaaaa!
Then it closes with another Medley (!!!) of Naek Delman/Tong Hua/
Nowt special about it, tapi overall, I'm pretty happy with how the performance worked. Wonderful experience, that. Would like to do it again but I'm probably gone the following year or would be too busy with A levels if I'm not off next year.
So yeah, go me! Again.
Asshats think they're so cool and stuff.
Shut up.
----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Franz Ferdinand - Well That Was Easy
via FoxyTunes


No comments:
Post a Comment