Friday, 15 May 2009

So.. what the hell was I thinking?

Can someone tell me that? Please?

I went to the anime shop.

They didn't carry no posters, so I went ahead and took a look around. Didn't bring a camera, so, apologies. Quite a selection of DVDs, and figurines as well. Noticeable ones: Lala and Sairenji off of to-love-ru, Rider and Rin and SEIBAAAA off Fate/Stay Night, Caren Ortesia off Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, Suzumiya Haruhi and everybody else from the series, Louise off Zero no Tsukaima, Fate Testarossa off Nanoha, Shana, Fuuko and Tomoyo from Clannad, and probably some Gundam Seed people and Evangelion. I also almost forgot to state I found Miyuki and Kagami from Lucky Star as well.

So I remembered from yesterday night some decent prices for figurines. I remember Tomoyo's figurine had the price of 42 bucks, with a 20 bucks shipping charge (ships from HK). That makes it 62 bucks if I bought that. There's one in amazon costing 60 bucks, and I dunno how much they charge for the shipping.

I saw Fuuko and Tomoyo in a corner, and saw the price tag. It was 60 bucks. 60 bucks is a lot. So I went around and looked at other stuff. There's one Haruhi fig that was so mint; 'twas her playing the guitar. Guess the price? A hundred bucks. There was a nice Belldandy fig as well. The price? A hundred bucks.

There were a few small ones though that looked good, they cost 30 bucks each. But still..

So, after about 15-30 minutes of scurrying around the small shop, I opened the display, took a box out, and put it on the register. The guy was Asian-American, and he dyed part of his hair blond. During that time we made a decent conversation. He told me after discovering that was my first time there that only 2 people work there, himself and the owner. The owner knows a lot of stuff, and actively follows series. He, on the other hand, only watches licensed anime. I went "wat" inside, but had to suppress that feeling. >_>

Hearing stories from him about the owner gives me the impression that the owner is an awesome guy, and probably an awesome person to talk to as well. I need to go there when the owner is around, not that I will go there in some time soon.

So he asked me, "Is that debit or credit?" I said it was debit. He continued telling me that the owner tells him all about Clannad After Story and such, K-ON, etc, and he haven't finished some old stuff as well.

I swiped the card. 65.70, is that OK? Yes, I pushed the button on the left.

After another decently sized conversation, I left the shop with a medium-sized brown bag in my left hand. A box that really fits the bag was inside. It was pink. It had the some Japanese words on it, and the only discernible English text as seen from above would be: CLANNAD.

I just bought a figurine for 60 bucks.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

I raged while walking to the bus stop. "WHY THE FUCK DID I DO THAT FOR?" See, the situation is: I just ordered an acoustic guitar, a gig bag, strings, and a guitar stand for 133 bucks yesterday.

In 2 days, I spent 200 bucks.

In 15 days, I spent probably about 300 bucks.

WTF THIS IS RIDICULOUS WHY DID I DO THAT WHY, WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN

Sigh, you know what, I might as well do a story now for English. ;_;

No comments:

Post a Comment